Follow us on:
We are a Cusco-based sustainable tourism company, offering a high quality product specialized in hiking and mountain lodge accommodation. We also have the best team of experts with over thirty years of experience on the tourism and mountaineering market.
Finally, Andean Lodges is the result of a partnership between a group of entrepreneurs in tourism and the altitude shepherding communities of Chillca and Osefina.
Roger Valencia, our Director, always maintained good relations with the Apu Ausangate’s communities, in a region where he has worked as a guide, for over 15 years.
Thus, in 2006, Roger Valencia and the communities of Chillca and Osefina decided to form a joint venture in which each party would contribute, according to their resources and skills.
So, both communities collaborated with the land on which the lodges and route are situated, and thus, they are now shareholders of 20% of the company. In addition, they receive a fee for every hiker who travels there with us.
Therefore, we are proud to have an operating team solely composed of villagers trained as guides, kitchen staff, house-keeping, maintenance and security personnel.
We also work with women from both communities, who produce handmade fabrics, organize private displays of the traditional techniques they use, along the route, and directly sell their products to our hikers.
Andean Lodges is committed to the practice of responsible, inclusive and fair tourism, which contributes to the sustainable development of participating communities in our area of operations. Socially responsible business practices are a core value of our organization; therefore, we’ve subscribed to a Code of Ethics that involves our stockholders, partners, providers and clients. Through this commitment, we guarantee that we meet the fundamental principles of sustainable tourism and social responsibility.
- We encourage respect for human rights, and we reject any type of discrimination due to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual identity, religion, ideology, age, or physical disability or difference. In addition, we reject the sexual abuse of children in Peru and around the world, particularly when this is associated to travel or tourism, and we denounce and condemn such practices, as well as any type of forced labor and exploitation of children or adults.
- The contractual relationship between our firm and our partners is carried out on a legal and ethical basis, respecting the responsibilities and rights of all parties. We work to ensure the security of all our business partners, by paying them fair wages, and through our efforts to protect their health and general wellbeing.
- We promote the conservation of biodiversity and the natural environment, by means of actions that allow us to reduce the impact of our operations, such as appropriate handling and recycling of the waste we generate. Additionally, we work in association with the firm Nature Services Perú, in charge of the Regenera project, which through the purchase of bonds allows us to compensate for our carbon footprint by contributing to initiatives for sustainable ecosystem management in the Amazon region.
- We promote fair trade, and we ensure that our transactions with our providers are fair and open, by respecting agreed-upon payment schedules and cancelation policies.
- We work to protect traditional cultural identity and values, and we promote respect for the culture of the local communities’ surrounding sacred Mount Ausangate. Likewise, we incorporate the ancestral traditional knowledge of those communities into our operational procedures.
We’re a rural community tourism operator that specializes in organizing trekking trips in high mountain locations. Our commitment is to offer high-quality services and memorable experiences for our clients, through our best professional efforts and by providing great attention to detail, based on our great respect for the culture of the Andes and for the sacred lands around Mt. Ausangate. We respond to the trust the communities of Chillca and Osefina have placed in us by fostering tourism as a means for their sustainable development. We work to safeguard the professional and personal wellbeing of our partners, who are at the root of our organization, by promoting a sense of responsibility toward environmental conservation and cultural integration. In working toward these key objectives, our actions are always in accord with current regulations, and are guided by the principle of respect for human rights, and by our goal of promoting socially responsible business practices among our providers, and in society in general.