DAY 1: CUSCO – HUAMPOCOCHA
We begin with a morning departure from Cusco, travelling by bus through the fertile Vilcanota Valley, to the town of Checacupe, from where we start to ascend Pitumarca. Through the spectacular canyon of Japura, we arrive at the pastoral community of Osefina, where we see herding of llamas and alpacas as the main local activity. Llamas will carry part of our personal equipment. Little by little, we will ascend through a picturesque valley where you can see some of the highest potato crops in the world. The landscapes change drastically as we leave behind the last houses until we reach the pass of Anta (16000 ft. / 4900 mt.) With the first views of the Vilcanota mountain range. We will spend the night in the Huampococha Tambo, located near the lagoon of the same name, where they usually nest "Huallatas" (Andean geese).
DAY 2: HUAMPOCOCHA – VINICUNCA - CUSCO
The first rays of the sun greet you at this magical location. After enjoying a hearty Andean breakfast, we begin to hike through formations of red sandstone. As you hike you’ll witness geological wonders and admire the beauty of this unique landscape, to reach Mt. Vinicunca or “Rainbow Mountain”, renowned worldwide and one of the most spectacular vantage points of the Route and of the entire Andes Mountains. After time to rest and take in the amazing colors of the mountain, we begin the descent through the valley to Japura. On the way we’ll have our final lunch stop, before taking transportation back to Cusco.
Our rates are based on accommodation in double rooms, if you want to book a single room, you should consider this additional payment.
Rates per person are given in U.S. dollars. For groups of over four people, the cost per person is the same as indicated for four. We accept Visa and MasterCard. Please carefully read our "Terms and Conditions" for more information.TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Trip planning and full trek services, as indicated in the itinerary.
- Private bus transportation, from Cusco to trailhead and return to Cusco.
- Expert mountain trekking guides along the entire trek.
- Accommodations at our excellent eco-lodges in comfortable double rooms, with private bathrooms.
- All breakfast and dinners at the lodges; lunches & snacks served along the hike.
- Transportation for your baggage by llama caravan in waterproof bags.
- First aid kit and oxygen supply.
- Flights in Peru, or additional transportation before or after the program.
- Emergency transportation.
- Travel insurance. Tips for guides, drivers and lodge staff.