DAY 1: CUSCO - CHILLCA
This program begins with an early morning departure from Cusco, along the fertile Vilcanota Valley to the village of Checacupe. After a brief visit to its colonial Church of the Immaculate Conception, we travel the Pitumarca Valley and through the spectacular Japura Gorge to arrive at the native town of Chillca, where we’re greeted by the community. From there, it’s a short, easy walk to our first Lodge. Once there, we’ll have time to relax and enjoy native music provided by Chillca’s traditional musicians.
DAY 2: CHILLCA – MACHURACAY
Our hike begins at 8:30 am, going through the broad Upis Valley, where impressive glacier-covered mountains loom above, offering majestic views. The trail narrows as we make our way past a waterfall that drops from Santa Catalina Mountain. This trail is mostly used by the area’s wandering llamas. Once we reach small Paloma Lake, the landscape is dotted with grazing llamas and alpacas. After hiking along a second lake and crossing a series of glacial moraines, we reach Machuracay Lodge, located at the foot of Apu Ausangate, the Sacred Mountain.
DAY 3: MACHURACAY - CUSCO
Following a demanding ascent of Palomani pass, elevation 5,200 m. / 17,000 ft., we’ll descend to Ausangate Cocha Lake. Breathtaking views of the glaciated south face of the sacred “Apu” will amaze you, as we continue toward the red sandstone formations of snowcapped “Nevado Del Inca”. As we descend into the valley, our bus will be waiting for the return trip to Cusco.
Our rates are based on accommodation in double rooms, if you want to book a single room, you should consider this additional payment.
Rates per person are given in U.S. dollars. For groups of over four people, the cost per person is the same as indicated for four. We accept Visa and MasterCard. Please carefully read our "Terms and Conditions" for more information.TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Trip planning and full trek services, as indicated in the itinerary.
- Private bus transportation, from Cusco to trailhead and return to Cusco.
- Expert mountain trekking guides along the entire trek.
- Accommodations at our excellent eco-lodges in comfortable double rooms, with private bathrooms.
- All breakfast and dinners at the lodges; lunches & snacks served along the hike.
- Transportation for your baggage by llama caravan in waterproof bags.
- First aid kit and oxygen supply.
- Flights in Peru, or additional transportation before or after the program.
- Emergency trasportation.
- Travel insurance. Tips for guides, drivers and lodge staff.